Monday, July 18, 2011

New Track In The Works To An Instrumental From Anno Domini Beats


So yesterday was my first full day back to work since about 5 weeks ago when I accidentally hurt my self at home. Needless to say I turned a bad situation into a positive one, spending most of my time writing new lyrics, re-working old tracks and ideas and of course blogging throughout.

Before I left for work yesterday, I set aside some time to write. I tried the same thing today, but didn't feel it as much I guess. Any how, yesterday I wrote a new 16 bar verse from start to finish.

Here is a small snippet of that 16:
mercy's never been
one of my traits - seems you made a mistake
tryna play me, but ended up dealing out your own fate/
and the cards were not in your favour,
i've never killed a man, but still believe it's in my nature/
after all im a human being, so deceiving
i could tell you the truth in a lie, so you wouldn't seek it./

While that is by no means a big accomplishment, I felt really good about getting that "amount of work" done before I even got my day started at my full time job. The key for me is to remain on the productive tip, getting as much done as I was while I was off work with an injury now that I am back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment