Monday, July 11, 2011

Back to Work at The Day Job...For Now!

Don't get me wrong, I earn good money at the company I work for, but I will never be able to live a happy and fulfilling life if I don't go out there and see what I can accomplish on my own as a young entrepreneur with a focus on the music business.

Although, to be honest it is about time that I get back to work because I really need to start bringing in an income again. For the last 5 weeks I have been living off of money that I had saved on my own for a rainy day, and believe me when it rains it pours!

Five weeks ago I fractured my right foot at home one night after work. It was a stupid accident. Lenox, my room mate's dog left his huge dog bone/toy at the bottom of the basement stairs. At 2 am I got home and a friend from work was calling my house phone for some reason, so I scrambled to find it.

Hearing it in the basement I ran down to grab it, jumping from two stairs up from the bottom and landing directly on the dog's toy. Four weeks into being off work and at home, I got sick with a stomach virus which made life hell for a good couple of days.

But, everything happens for a reason. I managed to stay positive and use a lot of that free time off of work to write up a whole bunch of interviews with indie hip hop/rap artists, wrote a whole bunch of new verses and started new tracks to record and I got to re-focus on my goals and what I really want out of life.

Good things may come in small doses, but they are powerfully potent doses which lead us back in the right direction. For now, I'm just going to focus on earning money and saving, saving, saving.

No comments:

Post a Comment